“Spring Fling” Homeschool Dance
Announcing the “Spring Fling “…
3rd Annual HA-NC Homeschool Family Dance
Saturday, March 31, 2012
6:00 PM-11:00 PM
525 W A St
Newton, NC 28658
Wanting to get to know other homeschoolers or looking for an alternative to a school dance or prom? Or, just looking for a night of fun with your family and other homeschoolers? Then, come join us for an evening of dinner and dancing! All ages are welcome.
The dance will be held at the Pin Station in Newton. We have three conference rooms booked that open up making a large space. One of the rooms will be kept as a quieter space for those who don’t wish to dance. There are a few outlets and Internet is available.
If you haven’t been to the Pin Station conference rooms before, I’d like to mention that they are brand new and in top condition. It’s a really nice space and will be great for a dance!
Every homeschool family member is welcome. We have all ages attend and have a really fun time!
We’ll start out with a potluck supper. Please bring a main dish as well as a salad/side dish or dessert. There is no kitchen so keep this in mind. There will be power strips for crock pots. Paper goods will be provided.
We are frequently asked, “What kind of music do you play at The Homeschool Family Dance?”
We do our very best to make sure the play list is appropriate and fun for guests of all ages. We play music similar to what you would hear at a family wedding. In other words, popular music from a range of eras, (mostly the 80′s 90′s, 00′s and today, maybe some music from the 50′s, 60′s, and 70′s), and nothing labeled as having “explicit lyrics” on iTunes. On the registration page, there’s a link where you can contact our Music Coordinator for requesting songs before the day of the dance. We’ll do our best to have requested songs available. Or, if you already own the songs, you can bring your iPod to plug into the sound system.
Have a friend you’d like to bring to the dance, but they’re not homeschooled? Each homeschooling family is invited to bring up to 2 guests that aren’t homeschooled. (This does not include family members. Family members are welcome and are not considered guests. There just needs to be at least one homeschooled family member.)
Pre-registration is required and is $10 per person, for more details and to register please visit the website:
(Click on “Homeschool Family Dance” in the menu to the left)
Feel free to share this email to your local homeschooling groups and homeschooling friends. The more the merrier!
For Questions email: email@example.com
To Register or get more Information:
This Event is Sponsored by:
- Deciding to Homeschool (sexychristianwife.wordpress.com)
- Organizing Homeschool Supplies (thehappyhousewife.com)
- What medical education can learn from homeschooling (kevinmd.com)
- Regional Homeschool Convention Returns to Greenville, South Carolina (prweb.com)
- Announcing a New Resource Dedicated to Homeschool Fiction (prweb.com)
- Homeschool? Maybe More About A New Way Of Learning … (tikays.wordpress.com)
- WFMW – Homeschool for FREE (amyswandering.wordpress.com)
- What Homeschooling Is and Isn’t (synergytutoring.wordpress.com)
- Homeschool Buyers Co-op Becomes Home Education Resource for Electives and Homeschooling Curriculum Guides (prweb.com)
- Homeschool Buyers Co-op Offers Homeschool Math Curriculums with Hands On Learning (prweb.com)